NO means no. But sometimes, the person trying to get you there is too busy trying to convince you to listen to what you are saying. Or maybe it seemed like a good idea, you were into it, but you didn’t think it would go that far. And when you realise it’s gone too far and you want it to stop, you are already in a vulnerable position.
Remember: you can say NO or STOP at any point during any kind of sexual activity, even if you have started having sexual intercourse - and even if you just want to stop because you just want to stop.
Here are a few ways to make your NO sound louder...
If you're sitting next to each other:
- Pull yourself out of whatever you are doing and stand up.
- Go to the bathroom, outside - or any other room - so that you can clear your head and straighten your hair and clothes. Give the situation time to calm down.
- Make an excuse - even a white lie will do: "I think I am going to be sick / I desperately need the toilet / I have a cramp in my leg / I heard my father call me outside / Oh no, I left the stove on at home / I am menstruating / I have a bad rash down there and I don’t want you to catch it.”
- Leave and go home.
If you're under him:
- Move yourself on top of him as if you're taking control.
- And then follow the steps above.
If the boy gets angry or scares you, do whatever you can to move towards the front of the house or closer towards anyone who might be in the house.
If you ever find yourself in such a situation, don't worry about protecting your reputation or his street cred. Do whatever you can to stand up for yourself and make yourself heard.
You don’t ever have to have sex with somebody just because they want you to! Walk away and wait until the time feels right for you.
Have you been sexually assaulted or raped? Has someone you know? Visit a Victim’s Support Unit at a police station and report it.
Guys, how do you know if your girl is really saying yes? Find out below.