People use holidays as an excuse to blow all their cash on gifts, partying and booze. As much as you may want to party it up you still have to have to be responsible. Holidays will end and then its back to school or work. Here's how you party it up without overdoing the drinking:
- Don’t drink at all! Focus on getting fit and healthy over the holidays.
- Eat a good meal before you start drinking, or eat snacks while you drink. This helps to slow down the effect of alcohol on your body.
- Try drinking from a smaller glass.
- Don’t let someone else fill your glass. Keep track of just how much you are drinking.
- Alternate alcoholic drinks with soft drinks or water.
- Reduce your units by choosing drinks that are not so strong or mix them with ice or water.
- Have a glass of water or cooldrink between alcoholic drinks; it will be better for you and your pocket.
- Don't walk alone in the dark when you're drunk, you could be a victim of crime like a sexual assault.
- Don't give into peer pressure. You don't have to drink if you don't want to
Know your limits and stick to them; usually a maximum of four units of alcohol for men and two for women per day.
Holiday partying is always good fun - but alcohol is no good for you. If you're worried that a friend or loved one might have a drinking problem, or you want to seek help for yourself speak to someone.