Here are some facts you need to know about Coronavirus to keep yourself, your friends and your loved ones safe from the virus.
1. There is NO vaccine to cure COVID-19.
Scientists have already begun working on a vaccine, but developing a vaccine that is safe and effective in human beings takes many months and even years to develop.
2. Taking antimalarial drugs WILL NOT protect you from getting the coronavirus.
No antimalarial drugs or any other drugs will prevent you from getting the coronavirus disease or COVID-19.
3. You CANNOT protect yourself from COVID-19 by swallowing or gargling with bleach, taking acetic acid or steroids, or using essential oils, salt water, ethanol or other substances.
None of these home remedies will protect you from getting COVID-19, and most of these practices can be dangerous.
The best way to protect yourself from the coronavirus disease (and other viruses) includes:
• Washing your hands frequently and thoroughly using soap and water or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
• Avoiding physical contact with people especially in public places. This is called physical distancing.
• Staying at home unless it is absolutely necessary to go out e.g. buying groceries at the local store while always following the rule of physical distancing.
4. Kids and young people CAN be infected with the coronavirus.
People of all ages can be infected by the new coronavirus (2019-nCoV). People with pre-existing medical conditions (such as asthma, diabetes and heart disease) appear to be more vulnerable to becoming severely ill with the virus.
5. COVID-19 virus CAN BE transmitted in areas with hot and humid climates.
From the evidence so far, the COVID-19 virus can be transmitted in ALL AREAS, including areas with hot and humid weather.
6. Spraying alcohol or chlorine all over your body WILL NOT kill the new coronavirus.
Spraying alcohol or chlorine all over your body will not kill viruses that have already entered your body. Spraying such substances can be harmful to your body. Be aware that both alcohol and chlorine can be useful to disinfect surfaces.
7. Eating garlic WILL NOT help prevent infection with the new coronavirus.
Garlic is a healthy food that may have some antimicrobial properties. However, there is no evidence from the current outbreak that eating garlic has protected people from the new coronavirus.
8. Are there any specific medicines to prevent or treat the new coronavirus.
To date, there is no specific medicine recommended to prevent or treat the new coronavirus (2019-nCoV).
However, those infected with the virus should receive appropriate care to relieve and treat symptoms, and those with severe illness should receive quality care.
Okay thanks for the info1 year, 3 months Ago Report